Rainbow sprinkle sugar cookies
- 170g butter, softened
- 130g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 320g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup hundreds and thousands (or as much as your toddler sees fit to pour in!)
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Lastly, stir in hundreds and thousands. Try not to over-mix at this point, or all the colour will come off and you won’t have rainbow sprinkles through your cookies.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Roll out dough, and cut to whatever size and shape you choose (we went old skool and made big round ones).
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
Speaking of chill time, you can while away the hour by rolling out play dough and cutting shapes from it in preparation for doing the same with your cookie dough!