These lists take us to the halfway point of the challenge. My little book is coming together very pleasingly, with lots of pink and yellow, and a load of sticky-outie bits. The sticky-outie bits make me happy. Pretty mess is what I’m all about.
List #11: My best friends
Maybe the idea of best friends is a little high school, but the truth is I do have a special place in my heart for this lot. These are the ones who are always there, no matter what, and who I confide in, trust, and feel safe with. I’m really lucky my list is so long. And I’m very, very grateful for each person on it.
List #12: Things I learned this week
- Cutting Arty’s hair makes him look like a grown up boy
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action may be the worst movie ever made
- When a project isn’t giving you happy feels, it’s totes ok to start over
- Pink and yellow are my favourite crafting colours
- I will never love, nor crush on any fictional character the way I do Han Solo.
That final point was precipitated by the discovery of this photo. Excuse me, I need to go lie down.
List #13: My dream jobs
- Writer (working on this one)
- Police officer
- Wedding photographer
- Singer in a folk band
- Unicorn handler
For me, this list was quite similar to list #7 (which you can see here).
List #14: Things that confuse me
- Harshing other people’s squee
- Navigating in the dark
- Following written instructions
- The concept of “work/life balance”
- How a woman can say she’s not a feminist.
I just want everyone to be happy, and not ask me to solve complex problems, mmkay? Meanwhile, how great are those floral alphas? I got them from Typo. They are pretty much doing all the work on this page.
List #15: On my
to watchto read list
- The Rehearsal by Eleanor Catton
- Clariel by Garth Nix
- The Children’s Book by A. S. Byatt
- Undine by Penni Russon
- A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell
- Green Valentine by Lili Wilkinson
- Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert
- A Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman
- The Time Traveler’s Guide to Elizabethan England by Ian Mortimer
- The Strays by Emily Bitto
I changed this prompt because my to watch list is pretty short, and I thought this would be more interesting.
P.S. Here are some links to my previous lists: