List #21: Books that make me cry
- Anne’s House of Dreams, L. M. Montgomery
- Persuasion, Jane Austen
- Circle of Friends, Maeve Binchy
- The Amber Spyglass, Philip Pullman
It was fun to throw in a bit of purple for this one. This little album is very heavy on the pink, which is a good thing, but you know – variety is the spice of whatever.
Oh, and I realised afterwards that I should totally have added Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling to this list. Oops.
List #22: How I exercise self care
- Go to therapy
- Make time for making
- Eat good food
- Spend time with good people
- Spend time alone
The original prompt for this one was ‘how I indulge myself’, but I am trying not to think of the things I do to look after myself as indulgent. Self care is important and it’s allowed.
List #23: Make more…
More of all the good things, plz.
List #24: Stupid questions I get asked (The ‘Arty Has Two Mamas’ edition)
- “Who’s the dad?” He doesn’t have one. He has two mums.
- “Who’s the birth mum?” Read: who’s the ‘real’ mum? And get fucked, we both are.
- “Does he have plenty of male role models?” Yes. But they’re role models because they’re good people, not because they’re male.
- “Aren’t you worried he’ll get bullied?” Why? Are you planning to bully him? Because if so I will END you.
I get asked stupid questions about my tattoos, and being a lesbian, and a bunch of other shit, but I thought it was best to narrow the scope of the stupid for this prompt. There’s only so much paper/ ink in the world.
List #25: I can teach you…
- How to make any basic task WAY more complicated than it needs to be
- How to develop an A+ top grade coffee addiction
- How to make custard from scratch
And I’m not talking about with custard powder and shit. I’m talking about egg yolks, corn flour… the real deal.
One last lot of lists to go, and that’s it ’til next time!
P.S. Here are some links to my previous lists: