I’m participating in a really fun project this month – 30 days of lists. It’s a straightforward and simple set of journalling prompts that, when compiled, will be a little snapshot of my life right now. It’s got the same appeal as Ali Edwards’ Week in the Life in that way. A collection of little details that paint a picture of a particular place and time.
I’ll share my lists here on the blog in sets of 5, rather than one giant image-heavy post. Here are the first 5:
My cover page. All sequins all the time.
List #1: Why I make lists
- Because anything I try to hold in my short term memory is immediately overwritten by toddler babble.
- Because I like ink and paper.
- Because writing things down is the first step towards making them happen.
- Because it gives me the illusion of control…
List #2: Resolutions that never stood a chance
(I’ve actually been pretty good with sticking to my intentions for 2015, but there have been a couple that were overly optimistic)
- Get regular early nights.
- Write a poem every day.
- Meditate regularly.
List #3: My jams
- Poses – Rufus Wainwright
- Hey Mami – Sylvan Esso
- Trust Your Feelings (When You Wake) – Darren Hanlon
- From Eden – Hozier
- Magpie – The Unthanks
List #4: My favourite online communities
(This used to be a longer list, back in the days of LiveJournal, but these days it’s IG and Twitter, and I love all my peeps on both those platforms)
- My Tweeps
- My IG friends
List #5: Reasons I love winter
(The original prompt for this one was “cures for the winter blues” but winter is my favourite season, so I had to tweak it)
- Seeing your cloudy breath in the mornings.
- Long evenings at home.
- Hot toddies.
- Warming spices, like cinnamon and ginger.
- Soups & stews.
- Bed socks.
- Leg warmers
I’m using this little album as a way of exploring different colour combinations, and scrapbooking techniques on a small scale.
Right now I’m enjoying using white space alongside subtle use of texture. Some spreads are more effective than others, but that’s all part of the process, right?
My other lists can be found in the following posts: