Here they are! The final five!
List #26: Ways to make new friends
- Join a club (choir, book group, etc.). I met SJ and one of my BFFs through choir.
- Twitter, Instagram, etc. are good ways of getting to know people who have similar interests.
- Have kids! Obviously this is a bit tongue in cheek, but we love the friends we met through mothers’ group, and we have made other friends through kinder etc. that we wouldn’t have met otherwise.
- Be open to friendships with friends of friends.
- When you see someone more than once at the park, the supermarket, or a cafe, be brave and say hello.
List #27: Recent purchases
- Don’t let the Pigeon drive the bus, by Mo Willems.
- Post growth-spurt clothes for Arty.
- Cushions for Arty’s reading nook.
List #28: Secrets of my success
Without these two I would have no reason to get out of bed in the morning. Anything I achieve in life is for them and because of them.
List #29: Things that will never be on my bucket list
- Hot air balloon ride. Flaming gas and a wicker basket – WHY?
- Eat a spider. BFF did that for me. Thanks, Jose!
- Vaginal birth. C-sections for the win, yo. Seriously.
- Eat a seafood smorgasbord. Blllaaargh!
List #30: What I’ve learned so far this year
- Write it down. Always.
- Trusting your therapist makes the whole process… you know… work.
- I’m not as good a judge of character as I’d always believed. But that’s ok, because SJ is better than I’d ever given her credit for.
- There’s strength in letting go.
- Work in the mornings, Exercise in the evenings. This is the Essie way.
- Making a list eery day for a month is harder than it sounds.
Finishing this project was so very satisfying. I love the way my finished mini book looks, all fat and squashy, with little bits of card and string poking out over the edges.
My other lists can be found in previous posts:
To read more about this project, visit the website.