arty takes after both his mum and i in our love of all things creamy. this dinner is hits the spot on that front, without being stodgy, or devoid of nutritional value. the trick is to replace about half of the pasta with veggies!
- in a medium saucepan, boil some water, and add the cauliflower and broccoli. cook for 5 mins until tender. drain, and set aside in large bowl
- boil some more water, and this time cook the pasta according to packet instructions. drain, and add to vegetables.
- place the flour and butter in a small saucepan, and whisk over a low heat until the butter has melted and a golden paste has been formed.
- continue to whisk while slowly adding the milk. the mixture will be runny to begin with, but keep whisking, and in a few minutes it will thicken.
- when you have a nice creamy texture, turn off the heat, and add the grated cheese.
- pour the sauce over your pasta and vegetables, and stir thoroughly to combine.