the chickpeas in this dish give it a creaminess, which is right up arty’s alley. it’s got real substance to it.
1 cup dried chickpeas
1.5 cups diced root vegetables (i used sweet potato and carrot)
1 small onion
2 cups chicken stock
1/4 tsp ground coriander seeds
- soak chickpeas in water overnight to rehydrate. they will expand when you do this, so make sure you use a bowl that holds at least twice the volume of chickpeas you put in there.
- place stock into medium saucepan and bring to gentle simmer
- in a small saucepan, sautee onions until they have started to go shiny and clear.
- add onions and remaining ingredients to stock, and continue to simmer, covered, until all ingredients are tender.
- puree or roughly mash depending on where your baby is up to!