our sage is coming back to life after dying back over the winter, so i thought i’d use some in some of arty’s dinners.
pork with sage and sweet potato
1 cup sweet potato, scrubbed and diced
100g pork mince
1/2 tbsp fresh sage, finely sliced
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
- place sweet potatoes in a small pan of water and boil until tender. reserve some of the cooking water when they are done.
- meanwhile, heat oil in another small pan, and sweat onions over medium heat until they start to go translucent
- add the sage (it will smell so good!) and continue to sweat for another minute
- add pork mince, and cook until the pork is cooked through and has started to brown slightly
- place sweet potatoes, and pork into blender and puree. add some of the sweet potato cooking water to adjust texture.
this puree smells genuinely delicious, and is a great protein hit for your baby. it’s also a good way to begin to introduce the newer flavours of herbs to their palette.