this is a nice filling dinner that should help keep a baby full and satisfied for a long sleep.
you can use other rice if you don’t have brown rice, but brown rice has more nutritional value, and adds a unique nuttiness to the taste.
- place rice in small saucepan with 2 cups water, bring to boil, then reduce to simmer for approx 20 mins
- while rice is cooking, boil pumpkin and squash until tender
- place rice and veg into blender and puree until smooth
- bake the pumpkin in it’s skin and scoop out to puree for a richer flavour
- cook rice in chicken stock instead of water for a more complex and svoury flavour
- to introduce new textures to older babies, puree the pumpkin and squash, and then stir in the rice afterwards