i have a similar attitude to eggplant as i do to mushrooms. how i survived as a vegetarian for four years i will never know. but again, i want arty to try all kinds of food, and not be limited by the likes and dislikes of his parents. with that in mind, here is an eggplant recipe:
1 medium eggplant
1 medium zucchini
florets from 1 medium head of broccoli
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp ground coriander seed
approx 1 tbsp olive oil
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- remove top from eggplant and slice in half, lengthways
- place eggplant halves right sides up in baking dish, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with coriander seed
- place in oven and bake for approx 45 mins, until golden and tender, then remove from oven and allow to cool
- meanwhile, place stock and quinoa in a small saucepan and bring to boil
- lower heat and cook, covered, for approx 10-15 min, until liquid has been absorbed by the grains. leave to stand, covered, for a further 10 mins with the heat off.
- steam broccoli and zucchini until tender.
- when eggplant has cooled, scoop the flesh out of the skin. discard the skin.
- puree all vegetables, then add quinoa.