i think this may well be one of the most delicious baby noms i’ve made yet. it sounds like it will be super sweet, but it’s actually very mellow. the maple is added for flavour rather than sweetness, and is more than balanced by the parsnip. i highly recommend it!
5 dried figs (any hard stalks removed)
3 medium pears, peeled, cored and chopped
1 large parsnip, scrubbed and chopped
approx 1 tbsp butter
approx 1 tbsp maple syrup
- place figs in a bowl of hot water to soak while you prepare the other fruit and vegetables. they should soak for at least an hour or so, in order to rehydrate enough to mash or puree. reserve the water when they are finished.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- place the parsnips and pears in a baking dish. add the butter, in small pieces on top, then drizzle with the maple syrup.
- bake for around 15 minutes, then toss them around a bit.
- continue to bake until all have softened, and some have begun to go golden.
- remove from oven, then combine with the soaked figs to puree or mash, using some of your reserved water to adjust consistency.