These are the simplest and most satisfying savoury muffins I know how to make. Arty adores corn, so I know he’ll always eat them, and they’re super tempting for grown ups too.
Cheesy corn muffins
- 200g plain flour
- 40g polenta
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- pinch salt
- 175g tasty cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 190g canned corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 200ºc, and line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil, milk, corn kernels and 100g of cheese on a smaller bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients, and mix your combined wet ones in thoroughly.
- Distribute mixture evenly between muffin cases, sprinkle with remaining cheese, then bake for 17-20 mins, or until golden.
These are delicious warmed up with a bit of butter on them – it goes all melty and oozy.