So, I’m developing a bit of a thing for make-in-advance breakfasts. I can’t help it. Knowing there’s something yummy waiting for me in the fridge makes it that little bit easier to spring out of bed in the morning.
This recipe is so incredibly easy, I can even face making it when it’s way past my bedtime.
Chia and date pudding
- 40g white chia seeds
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk (this works fine with either skim or full-fat)
- 4 individual dried dates (plust extra to garnish)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch Dutch cinnamon
- Finely chop dates, and place in a small bowl
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine
- Cover with clingfilm, and refrigerate overnight
- Stir again thoroughly and add an extra chopped date or two to garnish before serving.
This made enough for two ample breakfasts. To make it even more substantial, serve with sliced banana.