You know how sometimes you just really want to give your kid a special treat? They’ve come to the supermarket with you without hassling you for toys, or they’ve played happily for like a whole hour and let you get a bunch of work done. Or you just look at their cute face and think “I want to fill that with sugar”.
And then you look in the cupboard and there’s nothing.
That is the moment when you reach for a mug and make them one of these. They take literally five minutes, and the result is just so, so good.
- 50g plain flour
- 70g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Combine dry ingredients in a ceramic, microwave safe mug.
- Add oil, milk, and vanilla, and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Dollop peanut butter on top. Do not stir through.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 50 seconds, watching to be sure mixture doesn't overflow.
- Eat straight from the mug with a spoon.*
* These come out of the microwave HOT, so make sure you exercise caution and allow them to cool a little before serving.
The brownie is so moist and chocolatey, and the peanut butter turns into a salty, caramel-esque sauce when it’s cooked. It’s off-the-chain delicious.
Serve this to your little one, and they will feel properly spoiled, and thoroughly pleased with themselves.
Then make one for yourself, because you’re pretty awesome too.