arty is very much enjoying helping in the kitchen at the moment, so we’re making a point of doing a little bit of baking each week so that he can participate.
this week, we had an overripe banana sitting on the bench, so i decided to use it in whatever we made.
this recipe is very easy, and involves many opportunities for enthusiastic young helpers to participate (sifting, pouring, stirring, mashing).
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup sugar
2 small eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 large ripe banana
1/4 cup maple syrup
- preheat oven to 180 degrees
- put muffin cases into a 12 hole muffin tin
- sift flour into a medium mixing bowl, and add sugar and salt
- in a jug or smaller bowl, combine eggs, milk, canola oil, and vanilla
- pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir til thoroughly combined
- spoon mixture into cases
- in a separate bowl, mash the banana with the maple syrup
- place a spoonful of the banana maple mixture on top of each muffin
- bake for 20-25 minutes