Bright, fresh and fast. This recipe is new to my repertoire, but I can see it becoming a mid-week standard.
Chicken miso udon soup
- 2L water
- 60g fresh ginger, peeled and roughy grated
- 1/3 cup white miso paste
- 150g udon noodles
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 300g snow peas, topped and tailed
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 200g baby spinach
- In a medium to large pot, bring the water to the boil, and add miso and ginger.
- Place the udon noodles into the water, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broccolini, and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add spring onions, snow peas, and chicken and cook for another 4 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Turn heat off, then add spinach leaves, stir through to wilt, and serve immediately.
P.S. You could easily make this soup vegetarian by substituting slices of firm tofu for chicken.