we have had a bumper crop of zucchini from our garden this summer. they have been plentiful, and large, and they just keep coming. we’ve had to give a stack of them away because we’ve had more than we could possibly use, in spite of pickling them, baking with them, and grating them into all manner of dinners.
so i was pretty happy when i made this last night, and found it so delicious that i’d be happy to eat a whole lot of it, and even happier when both sj and arty also enjoyed it immensely.
- preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius
- heat a medium frying pan, and add olive oil
- fry the bacon in olive oil until it begins to brown, then add the onions, and continue to fry until they begin to turn translucent
- set onions and bacon aside to cool off a little
- whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl
- sift in the flour, and whisk to combine
- add the zucchini, bacon, onions, and 1 cup of cheese, then stir til thoroughly combined
- line a small lasagne dish with greaseproof paper, then carefully pour mixture in, and sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top
- bake in oven until the cheese has browned, and the middle no longer wobbles when shaken (approx 35 mins)