You know that feeling you get when you’ve been surviving on carbs and fast food for a few days? You’ve been tired and stressed, and you’ve gone for the easy energy boots, but the long term effect has been a general sense of ick?
When I’m feeling like that, I start to crave veggies in really big portions. And that’s when I make this soup.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 large brown union, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1/4 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped,
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 800g tin diced tomatos
- approx 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 large bunch continental parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, celery, and leek, and swet until they begin to become translucent.
- Add carrot, broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes.
- Add oregano, garlic powder, and enough stock to cover all ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until veggies become tender.
- Add zucchini, and 1/4 of your chopped parsley, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with remaining parsley.
This soup is excellent with a cheesy scone for dipping.
Eat, and feel better.