June’s prompt was a very valuable reflection on progress and process, but it didn’t make for interesting photos.
July was a different story – we chose nine songs to make a playlist. I don’t think any of my songs contain my word explicitly, but they each capture different facets of what spending a year with this idea is coming to mean for me.
I used scraps of paper from previous months, and cut the letters out with my beloved Silhouette Cameo, and stamps from the One Little Word kit (no longer available).
My songs were:
- Halley’s Comet 1986 by Darren Hanlon
- Rise Up (With Fists) by Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
- Joyful Girl by Ani diFranco
- First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes
- Shake It Out by Florence and the Machine
- This Is Why We Fight by The Decemberists
- Shattered and Hollow by First Aid Kit
- The Healing Room by Sinead O’Connor
- We Are Winning by Flobots
What a motley collection…