Omg these muffins. They are designed to make kids’ faces turn into giant heart-eye emoji, and they 100% fulfil the brief. They work on grown ups too.
White chocolate confetti muffins
- 330g self raising flour
- 270g caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 120g butter, melted then cooled
- 125ml milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºc, and place 12 muffin cases on a tray (I used cool square ones because I had them, but any type will work).
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl whisk melted butter, eggs and milk until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredient, and stir the wet ones in until just combined.
- Add chocolate and 1/2 cup of sprinkles, and stir until reasonably well distributed in the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin cases, and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown on top.
These guys are fancy enough to crack out for birthday parties, but easy enough to make as a lunchbox treat. They do double duty and I love them for that versatility!